Sunday 27 January 2013

We are the Mods...




Collar necklace - MATALAN // Spotted tights - NEW LOOK // Shoe boots - EBAY // Dress - MATALAN













Well, what a welcome this sunshine is; I don't know what the weather is like in your area but in Essex at the moment it is blue sky and sunshine.

I have always been inspired by the mod and rockers era of Britain, it all started with listening to my dad's 'The Who' album over and over, then finally getting to watch Quadrophenia and it becoming a huge influence in my life. The infamous parka jacket that became a symbolic statement, as well as the Lambretta scooters and the tailor made suits. This wasn't just the guys who did this, the girls played their part as well; they would travel on the back of the scooters and accompany them to Brighton to meet up with other mods all over Britain.
There are so many online retailers taking advantage of the parka jacket and some of my favourites are on The Ragged Priest, especially this one  with the tartan finish, it just makes me go GIMME GIMME!! but this one I bought was from an army and navy warehouse and I got it for £15 what a bargain. People will pay big money for these coats so I couldn't help but smile as I took it home.

Until I get myself a tripod I cannot do outside posts but for now I am just parading around in my bedroom and pretending I know what I am doing.
I hope to speak to a lot of you tonight during #bbloggers chat, always a great way to round off a Sunday night, see you there darlin's.

 

1 comment:

  1. I love the necklace here! I have a few collar necklaces in my jewellery collection and I think they look great with everything! And khaki coats FTW! I've been wearing mine lately too :-)

    ReplyDelete